4 Classic Halloween Movie Character Costume Ideas
In this article, I am going to give you 4 classic Halloween movie character costume ideas.
First three costumes here are Hocus Pocus Sanderson Sisters costume and he fourth one is from another movie. These are actually a lot easier than you might think and some of the pieces you can even find in your own closet and it’s pretty epic.
Table of Contents
Classic Halloween Movie Character Costume Idea#1- Winifred
- For Winifred, you’re only going to need a few things to get the look. The base of it is being blue. You’re going to want something in royal blue color. Anything in blue will work. You can even wear a maxi skirt as long as it’s blue, it’ll work.
- Next, you’re going to need a witch corset, so that it get match awesomely.
- In the movie, Winifred has a super-detailed intense cape but you can totally get the look with just a plain green one.
- Next, you’re going to need a red wig or unless you have red hair and also, you’re gonna need a book to carry around.
Classic Halloween Movie Character Costume Idea#2- Mary
- For Mary costume, you’re only gonna need a few things. Starting out for shoes, you can wear black or brown booties whatever you have.
- Then for the base of it, you can wear a floral skirt that has kind of like a vintage pattern to it but definitely, the key piece of this is that the colors are darker. Mary wears like plaid she wears dark Maroons, so make sure you do that if you’re gonna be her.
- You can also, wear an orange peasant top and belt that. Also, to be Mary, you need to wear a red cape.
- Then for being Mary, you got to have her hair. So for that you can cut half a plastic water bottle and put it on top of the head and tie ponytails on it and it will create her hair style, and it looks so funny and awesome.
Classic Halloween Movie Character Costume Idea#3- Sarah
- Lastly, we have Sarah and for Sarah’s costume, the main things you’re gonna need are colors that are like pink, red, or purple. She’s very girly, very playful, so look for that in your closet.
- So to start out, you just need to wear some black booties and then for the skirt, any pink color maxi skirt like that will work and then a purple cloth which you need to tuck in the size of her skirt, and then shredded it to give it that kind of like bold look that they have in the movie.
- Then for the top, you can wear a red maroon color but the key thing for Sarah’s look is to have mesh sleeves because that’s kind of what she wears and then a blonde wig.
Classic Halloween Movie Character Costume Idea#4- Sally
- This one is super cute but it does take a little bit more work because you need to DIY the dress.
- The first thing you’re going to need is a yellow or mustard color dress because that’s going to make your life easier just as a template. So, you’re going to need fabric glue, some felt, and you’re just going to basically cut out shapes or patches since Sally’s dress is kind of like a patchwork dress. This is totally up to you, you can do whatever design you want.
- You just need to cut out pieces and kind of lay them out and make sure you like the design. You can also go for some costumes online, it will help you in finding the design. The no of patches you need to add depends on how much time you have. But it’s super affordable because all you really need is the dress, then pieces of felt from the fabric store, and then fabric glue. So, you just basically need to glue them on.
- For the design and the stitches, all you need is a black fabric marker. All you’re going to do is copy the designs on her dress, so she had like some spirals and triangles on the pink parts of her fabric and then everything was connected by little stitches. So all you need to do is create lines and X’s until all of the edges were complete.
- To make it look more distressed like hers, you can cut up the bottom of it into like little tiny strips and then instead of leaving it.
- For the sleeves, you need to cut one halfway down, so we kind of go off the shoulder and then do the same triangle edges at that side.
- Then what you’re going to need is some white felt and you’re going to glue it with some fabric glue like in the hot dog shape, if that makes sense. So basically your arm can fit into it, so just measure it beforehand to make sure it fits. Then once you let that dry, you’re going to cut a little thumb hole with the scissors.
- Then you’re just going to take your fabric marker and you’re just going to create the stitch design that she has on her arms on that white felt.
- That’s it, your Sally costume is done. You can wear it with some black booties and then for the rest of your outfit, you can wear a red wig. If you can find a long red wig that would work perfect. Then you need to put stitches all over your face and some white eye shadow but you can totally follow a more in-depth tutorial.
Here are some more Classic Halloween Movie Character Costume Ideas: