5 Sets of DIY Halloween Costume Ideas for BFF
In this article, I am going to give you five costume ideas for BFF. Technically, it’s 10 costumes because there is two for each. But five sets of costumes. Some of these ideas are more mainstream. Some are definitely very unique and mildly inappropriate. So I hope you like it.
DIY Halloween Costume Idea for BFF#1: SpongeBob – “Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy”
The first costumes are the iconic duo from SpongeBob, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. Now if you grew up in the 90’s or early 2000’s like me, you probably know exactly who these guys are.
- For the Mermaid Man costume, wear an orange long sleeve shirt, black high-waist shorts, green tights, and green superhero gloves. You can buy a white shell bra from Amazon and paint it purple. Also, cut a yellow M out of construction paper, and tap it onto the front of the yellow belt.
- Barnacle Boy has the same black shorts as Mermaid, red long sleeve shirt, blue gloves, a blue ascot, and a little while sailor hat.
- These costumes are so fun and cute. They’re perfect for best friends and it brings out some childhood nostalgia. Plus, the two DIY elements of this costume were really easy to make.
DIY Halloween Costume Idea for BFF#2: Step Brothers- “Dale and Brennan”
For all of the Will Ferrell fans out there, you’re probably loving this one. It’s Dale and Brennan from the movie Step Brothers. Specifically, from the scene when they make a music video for their great family friendly hit song, Boats and Hoes. So we replicated Dale and Brennan’s iconic outfits by wearing white suits.
- You need to wear a white skirt and the other person can wear white pants.
- You both have to wear white suit jackets. Just anything all white is really what you need.
- Also, you both need to wear blue shirts underneath like they do in the movie and big fake gold chains to show what rap gods you really are.
DIY Halloween Costume Idea for BFF#3: Inside Out- “Joy and Sadness”
I’m a huge Disney nerd. So, of course, I had to include at least one Disney duo, Joy and Sadness from Inside Out. Inside Out is such a cute movie and I feel like these characters make the perfect Halloween costume for best friends.
- For Sadness, you’ll need a light blue turtleneck sweater and darker blue leggings. Then, to really pull the costume together, a dark blue bob wig and coke bottle glasses.
- For Joy, a yellow fit and flare thick strap dress and light blue pixie cut wig. That’s it. You can probably find these clothing items in your closet.
DIY Halloween Costume Idea for BFF#4: Jersey shore- “JWoww and Snooki”
I loved Jersey Shore in high school. JWoww and Snooki are just such a good best friend duo.
- For JWoww, you need to wear a tight pink mini-skirt and a black, low cut halter top.
- For Snooki, wear a cheetah print body con dress, big sunglasses, and have a Snooki poof in your hair.
- These costumes are a little extra and definitely not for everyone. But if you have a Snooki to your JWoww, go for these costumes.
DIY Halloween Costume Idea for BFF#5: High School Musical- “Troy and Gabriella”
The last costume idea here is Troy and Gabriella from High School Musical. They’re a couple but I couldn’t resist doing these costumes for best friends, too.
- For Troy, you just need a red basketball jersey and carry around a basketball with you, so you can impress all the East High Wildcat faves with your killer moves on the court.
- For Gabriella, all you need is a red fit and flare dress like she is wearing in the last scene of the movie.
- These are really easy, and simple costumes. So if you’re looking for something low-maintenance, go with Troy and Gabriella. Whether you are best friends or a couple, it’s funny for either.
Here are some more DIY Halloween Costume Ideas for BFF: